Twenty-eight Harrison High School/Great Oaks students are headed to state HOSA—Future Healthcare Professionals competition after showing their skills and knowledge in regional events.
The competitive events were either individual or team activities and were held virtually. Some events included 50-100 question tests; others featured pre-recorded presentations or Zoom interviews or debates. All of the activities were designed for students to showcase their knowledge of medical topics and healthcare careers. The top finishers in each category qualify for state virtual competition in April, with a chance to move on to national events.
The students are part of the Biomedical Sciences program offered by Great Oaks Career Campuses at Harrison High School.
The state qualifiers are:
- First place
Kennedy Ashley – Behavioral Health
- Holly Herrmann – Medical Reading
- Ethan Schomaker – Pharmacology
- Terrin Jackson – Pharmacy Science
- Kavya Patel – Health Career Photography
- Sarah Scheurer – Cultural Diversities & Disparities in Healthcare
- Josie Farris – Human Growth & Development
- Emaline Hannon – Biomedical Lab Science
- Bailey Fiebig – Clinical Nursing
- Jacob Snyder – Extemporaneous Writing
- Payton Meece and Ethan White – Health Career Display
- Kylie Frederick – Human Growth & Development
- Alyssa Perry – Pathophysiology
- Grace Whitis – Clinical Nursing
- Elizabeth Heimkreiter – Sports Medicine
- Joshua Evanson and Judah Hannon – Forensic Science
- Morgan Gardner – Behavioral Health
- Miguel Martinez – Cultural Diversities & Disparities inHealthcare
- Julia Harmon – Medical Law & Ethics
- Jessica Guilfoyle – Medical Reading
- Emily Davis – Medical Spelling
- Emma Marhoffer – Pathophysiology
- Gabrielle Goerler – Physical Therapy
- Leah Kathman, Natalie Kiefer, Aalysah Rust, and Aaliyah Rust- Creative Problem Solving
Great Oaks offers over 30 career programs for high school students, including healthcare programs in Dental Assisting, Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, Health Technology, Secondary Practical Nursing, and Surgical Technology.
HOSA—Future Healthcare Professionals is a national student organization dedicated to healthcare education.