Eight Great Oaks/Anderson High School marketing students are state champions, and ten others also qualified for national competition at the Annual Ohio DECA Career Development Conference in Columbus. 58 Great Oaks/Anderson students were among approximately 2500 students throughout Ohio competing at this event. The students competing earned the right to compete by qualifying at the District DECA competition.
The students who earned the chance to move on will attend the International Career Development Conference in Orlando, Florida at the end of April.
The students are enrolled in Marketing Management and Research, a satellite program of Great Oaks Career Campuses offered at Anderson High School. They belong to DECA, an international organization for business students.
The following students qualified:
- Luka Alexandre-Reverendo and Stefan Lamriben – Business Law and Ethics Team
- Madalyn Cron and Olivia Ray – Travel and Tourism Team
- Ashley Gavin and Ann Sullivan – Integrated Marketing Campaign – Service
- Josephine Lackmeyer – Apparel and Accessories Series
- Caroline Mace – Human Resources Series
- Gwendalyn Flick – Integrated Marketing Campaign – Product
- Sarah Rantanen – Food Marketing Series
- Timothy Swaney and Noah Von Holle – Sports and Entertainment Team
- Carolyn (Reece) Welton – Quick Serve Series
- Sarah Amrine and Isabel Huseman – Buying and Merchandising Team
- Chloe Callahan – Business Services Series
Payton Egan and Rylee Zimmerman – Hospitality Services
The Chapter also had a number of students place among the top ten in their respective events:
- Erin Albert – Human Resources Series
- Brevin Andreadis – Sports Marketing Series
- Matthew Berning – Financial Consulting
- Brooke Bitzer and Oliver Maddrill – Finance Team
- Zoe Buchanan and Kelsey Robbins- Hospitality Services Team
- Regan McKinley – Retail Marketing Series
- Alexis Melton and Ashton Young – Start-up
- Jake Morris – Professional Selling
- Abigail Overbeek and Teagan Vogel – Integrated Marketing Campaign – Event
- Gabriella (Elle) Painter and Megan Sullivan – Integrated Marketing Campaign – Event
- Sydney Robb – Hospitality Selling
- Andrew Schultz and Maci Stevens– Marketing Management Team
- Molly Stefan – Hotel Series
- Trenton Grote – Automotive Services Series
- Ean Kressin – Automotive Services Series
Three other students will join the 18 competitors at the International Conference: Zoe Buchanan and Kelsey Robbins just missed qualifying, but moved up when competitors from other school districts were unable to attend; and Elizabeth Minor will attend the Leadership Camp.
The following students also represented Great Oaks/Anderson High School at the DECA State Competition:
Ashley Anderson, Alexandra (Gracie) Boedker, Cooper Bushman, Zachary Caldwell, Matthew Dunlap, Madeleine Flick, Ethan Hamilton, Kayla Hauser, Owen Minnich, Olivia Motsch, Brooke Peters, Lila Shellenbarger, Piper Stark, Brian Stone, Kevin Stone, Nicholas Turchiano, Leyton Wheeldon, Glyn Williams.