If you want to help people, can keep cool in intense situations, and are ready for a challenge, join the Firefighting/Emergency Medical Service program. You can earn Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) and professional fire fighter certification by the time you graduate. You’ll train in the same settings as local fire fighters.
· Rescue, fire suppression, and other technical skills.
· Emergency medical training.
· Proper use of tools, apparatus, and equipment.
· Knowledge of hazardous materials operations.
· Scientific and mechanical principles associated with fire prevention and suppression.